Rookie Day is a one day event at Camp Lakota where your child will experience Camp Lakota and what we have to offer.
We invite you to join us for an experience like no other, where friendships will last a lifetime.
We have a very exciting day planned, Tubing, Swimming, Outdoor Adventure featuring our Giant Swing and Zip line, Sports, Nature, Arts & Crafts and much more!
Rookie Day is a great way to get your young camper accustomed to sleep away camp.
Details of the day:
- 8:15am-8:30am arrive at Camp Lakota for check in (might include rapid Covid testing)
- 900am We will put the campers in their age-appropriate groups and they will be off to activities.
- 12:30-1:30pm Lunch will be served.
- 1:50pm Afternoon Activities will begin.
- 3:00pm Camp Tour for parents who haven’t seen the camp
- 5:00pm Pickup your camper and stay for dinner.
- 5:15pm Rookie/Parent BBQ, enjoy an amazing BBQ dinner at Camp Lakota.
All families should plan on departing around 6:15pm.
There is no charge for Rookie Day; this is a special day we do for our future campers.
Registration is required and please call the main office at 845-888-5611 for registration forms.
What to Bring: bathing suit, towel, change of clothes, sneakers, flip flops, suntan lotion… Please do not worry about sporting equipment as we have everything in camp for you to use. Of course if you would like to bring your baseball glove for example, you can. Be sure all of your personal items are labeled.
Please call us at 845-888-5611 or email us at Info@CampLakota.com for more information about Camp Lakota Rookie Day.